'06 350?

frankorego

Big "O"
Reaction score
OK guys been doin some of the mild mods in the wikis...AIH delete..FPR shim..FP guage.. set up for some more but thinkin bout holdin' off. My buddy next door is a new truck maniac, gets a new one every year. He gets the Ford A plan discount through family. I told him about the '08 450, showed him the pics and he went and ordered one. He offered me his '06 350 lariat 4x4 with all the options for $35K, he got it in July 06. The question is do I sell the 2K 250 7.3 that I absolutely love and risk getting a '06 350 with a 6er? Seems like a no brainer but don't have a lot of faith in the quality of the 6ers. Opinion please...all welcome!!!

frankorego

Big "O"
Reaction score
Truth be told this was my first diesel and Im kinda itchin for somethin newer. Mostly concerned about the negatives of the 6ers.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Ask him how it has run. That is probably the best way to make sure you don't get a lemon. You already know the truck.

Dave

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get the oasis report...how many miles on his 06 ? certainly its still under
warrenty (maybe still under the 12/12 or 3/36...but certainly still under
the 5/100).

doesnt seem too risky to me...but then im enjoying 50k problem free miles.

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id say jump on it! alot of the newer ones are alot better. and of course if u want it get it, if u want to wait then dont. its all up to u...keep this in mind my uncle has an 03 6.0 he just broke 200,000 miles! i was shocked! hes never had a problem with it either! i think thats the only one ive seen with that many miles problem free. so in short you could very well get a good one. so im goin to stop ramblin! :)

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two 6.0's that are '06 trucks. I have not had a problem with either one ofthem. Well, okay, one truck that batteries gave up the ghost at 34k, but they were replaced under warranty. Other than that, not a bit of problem.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you really sure you want to buy a first generation 6.4? I hate to say history repeats itself, but um... I'm not willing to pay $50k to find out, oops... the piezo injectors are crap, or the emissions system is a pile of doo doo... whatever. I'd give it at least a year personally.

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't fancy the 6.0's but I am also the owner of a 7.3. My rule of thumb is there is no replacement for cubic inches. I have a feeling that there will be a couple of lemon years with the new 6.4's too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58