06 6.0 power

06pstroke

Willis
Reaction score
HEY ALL, I HAVE AN 06' PSD AND I'M WONDERING HOW MUCH POWER CAN BE ADDED WITHOUT WORRYING ABOUT THE TRANNY, AND WHATS THE BEST CHIP FROM YOUR EXPERIENCE. GIVE ME SOME INFO ON IT.

CBSuperDuty

Got Looney???
Reaction score
Pickup some gauges, exhaust, and a custom tuned SCT and you should be set. There are several running this with no problem.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
welcome pstroke, glad your here. what CB said. get some gauges for boost, egt's and tranny. a good exhaust such as MBRP, i have a banks dual exhaust that does me just fine, i am sure that the MBRP is good too.

just enjoy your truck for awhile and save up for future MODS.

oh yeah, watch for PMS (powerstroke mod syndrome). if you come in contact with this highly contagious sickness, your wallet will suffer greatly.

:roflmao :sweet :thumbs :D

6L PWR

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
bama-six-gun said:
oh yeah, watch for PMS (powerstroke mod syndrome). if you come in contact with this highly contagious sickness, your wallet will suffer greatly.
Yeah, tell me about it!! You can see my mods in my signature. Only thing I've done for the tranny was a new multi-disc torque converter. I probably didn't need to, but I was playing it safe since I've done some moderate mods.

BTW, due to PMS, I now have Stage II injectors, an ARP Head Stud Kit and a Regulated Return Fuel System coming!! Damned PMS!!

6L PWR

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Kleetus said:
I'm afraid to ask what that littl ebugger cost you...
Which little bugger? I'm hopeing none are little. For what I've paid, they ought to be HUGE! lol Can't help it though. It just ain't fast enough yet. Actually, not sure it ever will be until I strip off the body, drill the frame to lighten it and have just a seat welded down. Yeah, that might do it. lol At least then I could fit on some stacks. They won't work now since I've got a cap!

DiscountPowerParts

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Reaction score
6L Power, you running headstuds? How often do you blast her with NOS?

CB is right...you wont beat a custom SCT. I run the Innovative Diesel Xtreme Race file daily. 20K miles later and (knock on wood) no problems. Lots of good vendors here...take your time and do some homework.

Good Luck! Have fun and enjoy the site.

Patrick

06pstroke

Willis
Reaction score
First mods

HEY ALL, THANKS FOR THE INPUT. I JUST PURCHASED MY FIRST MODS FOR THE 06' 250. EDGE PLATINUM W/ ATTITUDE, AIRAID STAGE I INTAKE, AND 4" TURBO BACK EXUAST. I GOT THIS AS A PACKAGE DEAL THROUGH CMPCHIPS.COM ITS A GREAT PLACE FOR UPGRADES AND CHEAPER THAN MOST WEBSITES. YOU HAVE TO CALL FOR PRICES BUT IT'S WORTH THE CALL. I'LL LET YA'LL KNOW HOW SHE RUNS WHEN I GET ALL THE MODS ON.:thumbs

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Good deal 06pstroke. Please do not use all caps, it is considered shouting and it is very hard to read.

Dave

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was asking about your multi disk T/C... that's one mod I think these trucks could all use. The clutches are heavy enought, the only small one is the T/C lockup.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58