Question 06 6.0 to an 04 6.0

SuperDoodie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i have a generalized question? And for my own piece of mind. I had an 06 F-250 Lariat 6.0 with only 59000 on the clock that met her demise to a concrete divider at 65 mph and then getting t-boned to add insult to injury. I only had volant intake and an mbrp 4" inch turbo back exhaust on it which i was very happy with the power and perfomance of the truck. I got an average of 18mpg to a tank and 21 mpg at its best on the highway. Since the accident i purchased an 04 F-250 Harley 6.0 with 6900 miles. I like this truck but have been some what unhappy with the power performance and mpg with this one. I have only added an mbrp 4" inch turbo back staright pipe exhaust so far and this truck is only getting 13mpg any style of driving. I have looked up some info between the 2 trucks the 04 is a little lighter than the 06 and still the 04 gets less mpg and just doesnt feel as powerful towing or regular driving I pretty its the same gearing but not positive. So I was wondering if there were and hp or tq differences between the years that i didint know about? I cant seem to find the info to explain why i am seeing such a difference in mpg and performance if anyone can shine some light on my situation or any info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for anything SuperDoodie ;tu

brianjbeach85

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I want to say the 05-07 year got a boost in TQ? maybe 25?? lol not enough to make a huge difference. You might want to look at the fuel filter/air filter and if they have been changed. Also tire size can make a difference in Low Rolling Resistance.. dependant on brand and style of tire. Other than that the only difference i KNOW of in a 04 vs 06 is the turbo whistle is louder on a 04 due to compressor housing or wheel being different. straight pipe must sound GREAT... i did mine and the 05 whistles like crazy too.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SuperDoodie
I just had a new motor put in my 04 and I'm having the same problem on mpg. The only thing I see is the motor is not broken in to get the good mpg. I'm getting 10.3 mpg city and not to much more then 12 hwy. The busted motor I had was getting 16 city and around 19 hwy. If you figer something out let me know please.

majek5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be the flash on the motor. Get the ficm reflashed, PHP does it, get back the lost power and mpg's. And yes the 05+ have an additional 10 lb-ft of torque.

coueshunter

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i have a generalized question? And for my own piece of mind. I had an 06 F-250 Lariat 6.0 with only 59000 on the clock that met her demise to a concrete divider at 65 mph and then getting t-boned to add insult to injury. I only had volant intake and an mbrp 4" inch turbo back exhaust on it which i was very happy with the power and perfomance of the truck. I got an average of 18mpg to a tank and 21 mpg at its best on the highway. Since the accident i purchased an 04 F-250 Harley 6.0 with 6900 miles. I like this truck but have been some what unhappy with the power performance and mpg with this one. I have only added an mbrp 4" inch turbo back staright pipe exhaust so far and this truck is only getting 13mpg any style of driving. I have looked up some info between the 2 trucks the 04 is a little lighter than the 06 and still the 04 gets less mpg and just doesnt feel as powerful towing or regular driving I pretty its the same gearing but not positive. So I was wondering if there were and hp or tq differences between the years that i didint know about? I cant seem to find the info to explain why i am seeing such a difference in mpg and performance if anyone can shine some light on my situation or any info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for anything SuperDoodie ;tu

If it truly only has 6900 miles you wont see the best of your truck for another 8000 miles. Mine really changed at the 12k mark

SuperDoodie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so I am still getting terrible fuel ecomony but the FICM did crap out on me so i was assuming that was the cause. Had the truck repaired at the dealer for $1100 got the truck back and thought it ran better but that was just wishful thinking. Now my question is would it be worth having the computer (FICM) reprogrammed after i just had the dealer kill on that? or just get a tuner i been wanting to get? If i did both would that me be just wasting my money or could i just do one?

Thanks again for any and all info SuperDoodie

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58