Help Needed 06' Fuel Gauge Gremilins

sambo

Sambo
Reaction score
This has happened to me twice now. I have filled up the truck with fuel, the normal 25 gal that it takes to fill it up, and i turn the key on and the fule gauge goes up to half tank and stops. The first time it happened, I went to work, parked it for the day, and when i left, the gauge went up to full like it was supposed to. The same thing happened again this morning, so I have parked it, and I will see if it goes back to normal when i head home today. I am thinking that i just have a weird gremlin that pops up in the fuel gauge randomly, but I thought I wouold ask if anyone has experienced this problem?

Thanks

sambo

Sambo
Reaction score
I shut it off when i was filling it up, but i did turn they key back on about half way to reset the trip computer, so maybe that was the problem there. When i got back in the truck to leave for home that evening, it was still sitting at half tank, but over the 10 min trip home, it slowly worked its way back up to full and has operated normal ever since. Thanks for your input.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
My 03' used to do that all the time.. cept it would stay on empty.. at least yours is moving to half... but I always kinda liked it because not everyone gets to drive down the road and watch the fuel gauge slowly move from empty to full :thumbs

Zilla 58

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ive had those problems with my 06 also. Even to the point of the gauge dropping to the bottom and the fuel light comes on. The Ford tech. could not find the problem as it was very intermittent. Changed the in tank sending unit on a hunch, and all my problems went away. It wasn't a bad job and cost was about $170.00. Hope this helps you.
Zilla

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
yep, this happened to me. ford replaced the dash gauge cluster, said the fuel indicator was bad. never happened again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim