'06 Problems??

kbrodz

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey all Im looking into purchasing a 2006 or possibly 2007 F250 and was wondering what problems there are, if any, with the 06's. Ive read on here about bad turbos so other than that is there anything I should know, like tranny problems and such, before I purchase one of these beasts?
Thanks,
Keith

kbrodz

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
oi8228oi said:
welcome first off... (old bridge where?)
i hear the torqueshift trannys are some of the best out there... but like anything it can be improved! havent heard too much on 06 problems but i dont have one so.....
good luck

Thanks for the response. Since Im about to spend 40 grand on a truck I trying to gather as much info as possible. Anyway Im right off of Englishtown Rd. about 6 miles from Raceway Park.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
22k miles and zero problems, runs like a bull
best psd i have owned yet

had her almost a whole year

sparky

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
8100 miles on mine no problems. Ocasional harsh downshift from 2-1 when in tow/haul, but there is a tsb about this. I just haven't taken it in yet.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
recommendation

I would think about getting the manual trans. Better fuel mileage, no sensors to go bad, no tranny cooler or lines to break. I bought the manual and I am very happy with it. The only negative is that it does not accelerate as fast as my 1960 428SCJ 660 hp 10 second car. Car gets 6 mpg, truck gets 18+ mpg... So I guess the truck is not so bad.

Last edited:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PROBLEM FREE, 40k miles, better than 12k of it towing...

under warrenty i had the trans recall performed (reverse
planetary gear issue) and ive had a wiring harness recall
(some wires were prone to rubbing/shorting)

I had a faulty egr valve replaced (100 buck part) under
warrenty around 35k miles.

i run rotella 15/40 dino oil (avail by the 6gal case @ costco
for about 40bucks...gives just about you 2 complete oil changes),
changed every 5k miles & tested by blackstonelabs.com (EVERY
oil change)

beyond that ive had ZERO problems and NO problems that have
occured more than once.

rtm038

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
'06 w/ 2800 miles. No major problems, except for a vibration between 50 and 60 MPH, which the dealer is trying to fix. The only complaint I have is the lack of power off the line when you try to enter traffic in a hurry.

As for the Tow/Haul TSB, mine seems to shift pretty hard between 2nd and 1st. Also, if I activate the Tow/Haul without my foot on the accelerator, the truck "jerks" bad. Is this normal?

Ryan

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What tires do you have? If they are the Pirelli Scorpions, get ready to replace a set or two... They replaced a set for me already, but my vib comes in at ~20 and again at ~40, which is a bent drive shaft (I d found this one...) , and then I have the standard one at 55-60, which points to the tires they've rebalanced twice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg