'06 Problems??

the_hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tow/Haul Downshift

sparky said:
8100 miles on mine no problems. Ocasional harsh downshift from 2-1 when in tow/haul, but there is a tsb about this. I just haven't taken it in yet.

Sparky,

I am having the same downshift problem. What do you mean by a tsb? I have checked with Ford and there isnt a recall about this, and my service manager figures its because of the high line pressures when in tow/haul mode.

thanks,

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
the_hammer said:
Sparky,

I am having the same downshift problem. What do you mean by a tsb? I have checked with Ford and there isnt a recall about this, and my service manager figures its because of the high line pressures when in tow/haul mode.

thanks,

the last reflash to correct cold smoke and egr TIME on bumped the tow haul up closer to the original 04's
if your heavy the 2-1 down shift is firm and solid to help you stop. if your empty it can, in conditions cause a bit of rear wheel chirp. :D

but overall its designed to help you slow down and will based on your driving it has learned drop a gear rather solid and quick or drop a gear softly, all depends on the driver and load.

whats scary is going 60 down hill and it drops into 4th then 3rd and tach hangs at 4000 all the while pulling you down some in speed, first time it did it to us pulling the fiver i about Sht my pants thought it would blow up. but it just kept on keeping on to the bottom,

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't ever clamp back on the turbo though does it? Mine did it once, started making about 10 psi of boost, but some tard pulled out in front of me and I had to slow down more with the service brakes and reaccelerate on the hill after they got out of the way, and I haven't been able to get it to do it again.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Kleetus said:
It doesn't ever clamp back on the turbo though does it? Mine did it once, started making about 10 psi of boost, but some tard pulled out in front of me and I had to slow down more with the service brakes and reaccelerate on the hill after they got out of the way, and I haven't been able to get it to do it again.

nope, would be nice but its all just engine and air friction, we can dream
we have then same tards here to :D

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really wonder how it started making boost then... it was at about 2500 2600 rpm, then all of a sudden the boost just jumped up to about 10 pounds or so from zero. EGR open maybe? Maybe it was a fluke?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg