06 radio aux input...

Scot

;()
Reaction score
Can anyone save me the trouble of pulling my dash apart. I'm wondering if the 6 disc factory radio has simple RCA aux inputs? Or as in some other models, do I need a $100 adapter/harness to use this feature???

Thanks for the help:thanks

acjjkamp

Blitz and Harley
Reaction score
I doubt there is much change between the 05 & 06.
I ended up putting the PIE adaptor on mine. No RCA's...
good luck

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Scot said:
Can anyone save me the trouble of pulling my dash apart. I'm wondering if the 6 disc factory radio has simple RCA aux inputs? Or as in some other models, do I need a $100 adapter/harness to use this feature???

Thanks for the help:thanks

ummmm no rca jacks it takes PIE adapter
search the wiki rray did a write up but i cant get into the wiki right now :dunno

i knew i would find it
rray

Last edited:

Scot

;()
Reaction score
Update...some info to save someone a headache

-popcorn I wasn't in the mood to tear into my dash so I stopped into a local audio shop and said "stick one of those adapter thingys in my truck" ((that's my technical jargan)) They said yes sir & I am oh so glad I had them do it. I left the shop thinking all was good & hit the AUX button, still all good (for about 2 minutes) Then the radio jumped back into FM mode. I tried again, same thing, back to FM. Called the shop and they said they never had that happen, please bring it back. I'm already down the highway at this point so I bring it back about 6 hours later. They jump on it right away and get tech support for the manufacturer on the phone.

It turns out there is a chip inside the PIE that has all the latest software on it. The one I bought was sitting on the shelf for a few months and had the outdated software on the chip & was not compatible with my truck. Even though the packaging said 06 F-350, there was some change that has happened on the truck recently. So the manufacturer is sending a new chip for the PIE to arrive on Monday.

This is the cool part; I'm leaving on vacation Thursday (today is Wed) and they were aware of this so without any bitching from me they offer to install a FM modulator so I don't go postal listening to the Sirius through the FM tuner for 2000 miles. After my trip I'll stop back by the shop and they'll reinstall the PIE with the correct software and take out the modulator.

So I paid $150 (install included) for a $100 part that would have taken me half a day to figure out and ship back to whoever. I think it was worth every penny.:D

Just thought I should post in case someone else ran into the same issue, WOW this is the longest message I've ever typed!!!!!

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Sory to hear about your trouble, Scot. My writeup warns about the very problem you described. You obviously had a NEWER chip, the newer chips work with the Ford Five Hundred and the Ford Mustang. The older software works with our trucks. There are two versions of that adapter, one for the standard radio and one for for the newer radios 2005 and up with CAN-BUS circuitry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58