'06 receiver hitch Q's...

u2slow

Electrician
Reaction score
The factory receiver hitch on my bro's '06 F350 has some strange specs.

You can only pull 15k# with a suitably rated 2.5" tube hitch. If you adapt down to a 2" tube, you can only go to 12.5k#.

For the life of me I cannot find any sort of 2.5" tube hitch that is rated more than 12.5k. I can get a pintle mount that's good for 16k, but its only 2". :dunno

What gives? He's going to be running near the max when he gets a trailer to pull his mini-excavator - so 12.5k won't cut it.

What do I do for a hitch?

(If you're wondering about a gooseneck, it won't work when he puts his camper on the truck. ;) )

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My King Ranch came with a factory hitch rated at 15k. the tag on the hitch shows that. And the receiver is only a 2 inch.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
its gotta look like this! and this is a pix of what i use. it is only 2". i pull a 14' trlr. i know its max towable weight which is about 4.95ton (i cheat sometimes, don't tell). have had no issues in 48k miles. he is my question thought, i knew i was going to be pullin that much and had to upgrade my license tabs to 21k lbs. do you need to worry about that up der a?

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Johnswiftm said:
The 15k you are talking about is with wieght distribution set up...not off the ball
just like the decal says 15k is weight distributing
thats alot of trailer :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58