'07 Update

2ManyToys

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just ordered an '07 6.0 to replace my '00 7.3 liter. I'm planning several upgrades, but none of the aftermarket people (Banks, ATS) are sure what changes are in store. I've heard about the possibility of "particulate" sensors in the exhaust and other possible changes to reduce emissions. Anybody heard anything?

Fine69

Reaction score
The 07's are the same as the 06's, as far as engines go. The only difference for 07 is a few new options, like the Lariat Highline edition, and the Lariat Outlaw. Particulate filters won't be out until the new emissions take effect in January 07, on the 08 trucks with the 6.4 engine. You can go on Ford's Commercial website and build an 07 to see what changed.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
the heads are being changed in jan 06 engines 6.0 and forward for a commanality setup.
i read a tsb thing about it a few days ago, bigger head bolts and a few other nice items, but i dont see how it will stay the same for the 6.4 unless the common rail fuel log is bolted to the side of the head.....
just never know :D

cool thing is after dealers run out of current 6.0 heads and say your 6.0 blows a head gasket or looses a head bolt, you will stand a good chance of getting the improved design installed.....:D

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
the heads are being changed in jan 06 engines 6.0 and forward for a commanality setup.
i read a tsb thing about it a few days ago, bigger head bolts and a few other nice items, but i dont see how it will stay the same for the 6.4 unless the common rail fuel log is bolted to the side of the head.....
just never know :D

cool thing is after dealers run out of current 6.0 heads and say your 6.0 blows a head gasket or looses a head bolt, you will stand a good chance of getting the improved design installed.....:D

WOW!...i gotta loose a head to get some updates and even some braggin rights...:burnit

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
2005Diesel said:
o0o0o i wanna see what they look like

i saw a lariat outlaw in kennesaw, ga yesterday. it was solid black all over. even the bumpers & grill were black. the seats are black with red leather inserts. a very cool looking truck. wish i had a camera to take some pics.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim