'08 6.4 no start

bling821

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Change oil, filters and fuel filters in an '08 f450. We have the wrench and the oil symbol flashing. It will start after three tries but will quit in 10 seconds. We purged the fuel from the schrader valve and got the air out but still not staying running. There was quite a large amount of oil that drained from it. Way more than my 6.0. We have 17 qts in there so far and I don't think that we should put anymore in there. Does anyone know anything I don't? Please help. 808-372-4510 I'll be in and out to check here but a phone call would be best if you can.

Thanks

Reepo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
After two days of trying to figure this out with no luck, draining both batteries twice, and a tow to the local dealer.... here is the outcome. Somehow, the high pressure side of the fuel system was still airbound after repeated attempts to purge the low pressure side. But, I'm back up and running. Also discovered that whoever had the truck before me had the wrong coolant in it. Nice.

Fine69

Reaction score
Change oil, filters and fuel filters in an '08 f450. We have the wrench and the oil symbol flashing. It will start after three tries but will quit in 10 seconds. We purged the fuel from the schrader valve and got the air out but still not staying running. There was quite a large amount of oil that drained from it. Way more than my 6.0. We have 17 qts in there so far and I don't think that we should put anymore in there. Does anyone know anything I don't? Please help. 808-372-4510 I'll be in and out to check here but a phone call would be best if you can.

Thanks

You have 17 quarts of oil in a 6.4?:eek: Thats WAY too much!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14