08 and blue smoke?

tgilmore99

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 f250 6.4L diesel. For the past 2 days I have been getting this blue ish / white smoke coming out of tailpipe. It goes away. It seems to start when you are driving and you are at the top end of the powerband for that gear. If I run it to the top of that gear, right before it changes, I back off the throttle a bit and the blue smoke will come out. But will go away. That seems to be the only time I see it. Any comments?

Last edited:

dsonyay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen that before and I think it's normal for a puff of smoke to come out. Especially like you describe- during heavy acceleration, right at a shift change. If the smoke is dark blue and gets heavier, you might want to check it out.

Of course, you might want to bring it to the attention of the service dept anyway. Bring the tech out for a drive to show him exactly what is happening. Make him ride in the bed (just kidding).

tgilmore99

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input. Funny you should say talk with a tech. Took it into the ford dealer and they found 4 recalls that needed to taken care of plus the radiator had a hole in it. Something about a valve cover and 3 injectors. So after that gets taken care of, then they will see if it still puffs out the smoke.
Thanks again for the reply.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58