'08 center console in a 00 and up SD

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here replaced their center console with one out of a 08 / 09? I am talking about the console that is in the trucks with captains chairs.
Just trying to get some opinions from those that have done it and maybe see some pics, I would like the extra space they offer but I have really grown attached to the clip on the top of my console.

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't done it, but I know it will work. I have seen several conversions on other sites.

:sweet Thanks Steven, I was just wondering if anyone actually had some pictures or comments on how they like it. I know most guys are running the split bench but just figured we must have 1 or 2 guys on here that have done the conversion.
I love my captains chairs and will never have a truck without them!

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I have the extra seat up front, but would love to put the 2008 console there.

BUT...........

as soon as I did, I would be needing that 6th seat for someone to sit on.

I just like all the extra storage space that you have with the BIG console.

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the extra seat in my 2000 and decided that I liked the captains chairs, I have never turned back. I will always have captains chairs from now on.
The extra storage and bigger opening is why I am looking to upgrade as well. I am attached to that clip on my regular console. I keep a pad a paper on it and it is handy!
Let me know if you happen across any pictures of a truck that has been retrofitted.

CKyle494

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a 08 console mounted in my 00. I took out the seats and the middle jump seat. The back 2 bolts for the middle jump seat just goes back into the holes. When you mount your center console it will mount up EXACTLY to the bolt holes on your seats. No cutting or anything. It is a nice conversion. I don't have the pics yet but I can get some in a couple of days if you want to see it in there. You won't regret getting rid of the little seat in the middle with NO storage. There is a world of difference and you can still use it as an arm rest.

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already have captains chairs in my truck, just thought about moving to the 08 console because it is so much bigger.
I would still like to see some pics when you get a chance to see what the '08 console looks like in our year trucks.

jflaig

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey, I am interested in getting rid on my little center seat in '00 F350 CC, but I have the manual trans. I would like to get the 08 console, but will there be clearance issues? Or should I get an older console or are there issues with clearance with that console? I have been reading that they will bolt on directly, but all of those trucks were autos to my best knowledge. Has anyone ever put a console in a manual truck? Thanks everyone for your time.
Joe

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JMO. My console is already a bottomless pit, who knows what is really in there. :watchout

I have loved the excursion conversion I did on my console so I have the cup holders for the rear seat, the power point for the kids sctuff. :sweet

Barrett

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58