08 Navigation system Only watch movies in park

08StrokerFX4

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys is there a way to cheat the navigation system so that you can have a dvd playing while you are going down the road. I am taking a snowmobile trip this week and its not for me but the other 4 guys in my truck would not mind watching
is there any way thanks

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to trick the nav system to think your in park. I know on my pioneer D3 system it was moving the pin.from the E-brake to a ground so the system thinks your not moving. Look on Ebay there was a guy selling a kit for the nav. systems that was a plug and play set up.

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
Its awfull that they have to dictate when you can watch a DVD, I bet you cannot listen to MP3's on DVD also. I installed my set and never followed the warnings, My radio is set on Switches that I can activate when I want to. My Cam is on a toggle SW. so I can see in the rear like a mirror, when I drive I can see the rear of my trailer on the deck if I switch to rear cam. Can you imagine me using a cam that the truck has to be on reverse. These laws are for fools and we pay money for these units that are installed to be unusable. Sometimes I wonder how people can exist on their own without the knowledge of fixing the designed flaws that exist in the product we buy everyday, and we pay a lot. If I can afford $3200 for a unit I surely am smart enough , not to watch a Movie while driving. I sure spend a lot of time rearraging my gadgets to satisfy my demands. PC's are the worst they are so demanding and then there is my truck Umm I surely don't have it Ford stock for sure. Every vehicle I ever had I have to build something on it to make it worth owning and be more dependable.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58