08 vs 13? Should I upgrade?

LAJones

Strokem if you can
Reaction score
I currently have an 08 6.4. I have not had any issues other than poor mileage. Should I do the dpf delete with programmer or upgrade truck to a 13?

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What reason would you want to upgrade? Just want something new? How many miles do you have on your 08? Is the truck falling apart?

The reason I like going new, is due to having a warranty. If yours is paid off and there is nothing wrong with it, I would stick with it. If you just want something new and can afford a new 2013, go far it.

Peefrog

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had an 08 F250 4x4 Lariat (85,000 miles) w/ Spartan tuner, loved it until my HPFP took a dump and Ford put a band aid on it under warranty. After the reflash my tuner wouldn't run the truck it still kept going into limp mode. Back to factory setting sucks!! Found a 2014 F350 4x4 KR SRW LB and LOVE the power and mileage this truck has. Getting 19 mpg on interstate. Not seeing as many regens either, I am selling my tuner, no need for it in this one!! Also technology with the new one there is no comparison with 08 models... My .02....

NJsix7

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Buy a 13 and delete it. I have an 11 and been deleted since day 1 with no regrets. Just cuz its deleted doesn't mean its gonna break. Drive it smart and it'll be good to you. But remember....when u tune it...DO NOT FLASH OR UPDATE AT DEALERSHIP....or youll have what happened to Peefrog happen to you. I've brought my truck to dealership to get fuel filters changed every other oil change so the head tech could see it and how well i maintain it. So when my water pump went at 43k or so...they covered it. No questions. Dont be afraid of deleting....be smart about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58