09 Superdutys

torqlvr

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yeh, I wasn't really trying to compare apples to apples. I was just saying why I wasn't trading trucks yet. I know that all of the DPF trucks have lost some fuel economy. One of my "hobbies" though, when we go camping, is to talk to campers about their trucks and to get mpg figures from them for future reference. It seems that among the new DPF trucks, the Ford PS 6.4 is the biggest fuel hog, followed by the Dmax. The 6.7 Cummins gets about 2-3 mpg less than my '05 but still bests the PS 6.4 by a pretty good margin. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a new Super Duty! They are the best looking truck on the road. The Dmax is ugly though! I just can't bring myself to buy a $40K truck that uses that much fuel! Yes, I could remove the DPF, but I don't want to go to that much trouble and besides, it's illegal, and with my luck, I'd get caught!
I've become a diesel fan since owning the '05 Dodge/Cummins. I used to be a Ford fan and to some degree still am but I've found myself, because of my experience with this Dodge, to have become more of a diesel fan than anything. I love this '05 of mine. I love the torque, the reliability, the mpg, everything. I want my next car to be a diesel. I just hope that it can be a Ford, Dodge, or GM. I prefer to buy American brands when it comes to $30K vehicles! Just my opinion there. But if the domestics don't start producing some diesel cars/suvs, I may buy a VW. I've heard of folks getting 50+ mpg with their VW diesel cars! In Europe, the Jeep Patriot and Compass is available with a 4 cyl. diesel engine. An article I read a few months ago in one of my diesel mags said that a husband and wife team drove their Patriot and Compass diesels across western Europe on a mission to see what kind of mileage they could get. The result was (I don't remember the exact figures) about 66-67 mpg! Why can't we get those over here?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58