driveboosted

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
im thinking a little lag & way more flow that is from stock set-up

but its usually more on the turbines to really change that

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
The wheel and exhaust housing are supposed to help with surge, I didn't have a surge problem so I don't know about that. Also reduce back pressure and EGT's.

I added the wheel and 1.0 housing to my already ATS compressor housing equipped turbo. I did it to reduce back pressure and lower egt's. It did that. It's a little more laggy but not very noticeable. Once the turbo lights, hang on! That tells me it helped with top end since back pressures have been reduced.

driveboosted

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
^^question rooster- just better off doing the whole thing at once. comp.exh.wheel or seperate?....... i know its all for surge but i would think whith just flow chararistic would really improve over all performance.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
driveboosted said:
^^question rooster- just better off doing the whole thing at once. comp.exh.wheel or seperate?....... i know its all for surge but i would think whith just flow chararistic would really improve over all performance.

Yes do it all at once....only have the turbo apart once. I'm not sure if I understand you right, I didn't change the exhaust wheel. To my knowledge, no one offers one, I changed the compressor wheel when I had the exhaust housing off, that way I could put the shaft in a vise to loosen the compressor wheel.

Overall performance will be better but it will feel laggy compared to stock. Just have to drive differently. The engine is a big air pump with the turbo being the restriction. The bigger housings will flow more air.

driveboosted

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
sorry i was saying compressor housing,exhaust housing,& wheel

thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58