$10 AIC Mod

SDEric

Here's my pride!
Reaction score
Alrighty so I went and spent the so called 10 bucks that totals about 15 from radidio smack,
I bought the parts as described on the "other site" and installed it just like they said. I grabbed the linear taper 5K resistor and hooked it up as described in this figure.View attachment 2291 So when everything is connected, I turn through the resistor range and the RPMs jump directly to 2600. Bypassing the rpm range in between.

I thought I screwed something up, so checked everything again and yet it still jumps up there. Does anyone have any thoughts or experienced the same?

Thanks in advance.
E

Last edited:

Darth_Stroker

Dark Lord of the Sith
Reaction score
I still haven't been able to get mine to work. I guess I'll mess with it again this fall. Mine just sets a light when I turn it on and doesn't change engine rpm at all.

SDEric

Here's my pride!
Reaction score
I really hate that I have a project incomplete. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks again.

SDEric

Here's my pride!
Reaction score
Cricket........Cricket......
Blink.....blink......

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
SDEric said:
Cricket........Cricket......
Blink.....blink......
ford forgotten would be one i would query,
I cannot access certain instructions from a bad place so i cant double check the info

2600 zoom zoom bet the a/c gets cold :D :sorry

if your ramping up to 2600 then the 12 v is bypassing you resistor
you did this and re-checked the connections

Locate the accelerator pedal and remove the 3 fasteners to remove it.
Locate the wires with the following colors in the wiring harness connected to the pedal:
Red w/ yellow tracer
Red w/ green tracer
Brown w/ white tracer
Grey w/ white tracer
Strip and solder approximately 2' (or more depending on where you want to mount the controls) of the following wires to the above wires:
Yellow
Green
Brown
Grey
Connect the yellow and green leads to one pole of the DPST switch (so that the yellow and green leads are electrically connected when the switch is on). Check with the multimeter.
Open fuse panel access cover on the driver's side
Connect the brown lead to the left terminal of the R1 potentiometer. Connect more brown wire to the center terminal of the R1 potentiometer.
Cut off excess post on the R1 potentiometer and mount it behind the fuse panel access cover. Install the knob with an allen key.
Connect the brown lead from the center of the R1 potentiometer to the other pole of the DPST switch.
Run a grey lead from the last terminal of the DPST switch to the left terminal of the R2 potentiometer.
Connect the grey lead from the accelerator pedal to the center terminal of the R2 potentiometer.
Ensure that all connections are not grounded or touching.
With the mulimeter, set the R1 potentiometer to half and the R2 potentiometer to 0 ohms.
Set the DPST switch to off.
i went anc cutted and pasted, what do you kno wmy IP is not on the list anymore,

Last edited:

SDEric

Here's my pride!
Reaction score
OK, so I know this is an old thread, but it's been sometime since I was able to get back to it.

The instructions mention a DPST switch, I purchased a DPDT for reasons that there were none at three RS stores. Could there be an issue with the switch? I didn't think it would be a big deal but That is the only thing that I can think is wrong with the circuit.

Thanks

dboyw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't quit help with the answer, but when I went looking for the parts, I had a hard time finding the switch too. I found one at a hardware store that was made for a lawn tractor. Look at a couple of these places for one, and see if it helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58