10 cents in 22 hours?

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Ok, did I miss some major event? I fueled up on of my work trucks last nite, paid $3.26. Tonite, I stop at the same place with my pick-up and its 10 cents higher? I still had the receipt to make sure I wasn't losing what's left of my mind. I've watched fuel go up $2.00 a gallon over the last few years. Watched it fluctuate a nickel here, 2-3 cents there over the last few months. But a dime overnite? This is B***S***! If I had to refuel everything today it would cost $ about $18.00 dollars more than yesterday?!?! Anyone else notice a big jump out of nowhere?

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
This mornings news stated oil price is at $100. a barrel. "Because it's cold out".:dunno They need to make up a better story.:lmao

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
In one week it jumped from $3.419 to $3.649. I said NOPEC to OPEC and decided to get B99 instead BUT that too has jumped from $3.558 to $3.799. The price of soy has hit the roof too. :rant But even though the B99 is more expensive at least it's staying in the :usa ! It may be still too early in the season to run B99 but I'm defiant. :sweet

Reaction score
thats nothin i filled up in south austin cause its b20 for 3.49 from shell. Drove to my sister's house just 1 town outta austin and it was 3.29 for the same fuel.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
nope
we have record surpluses of fuel
the problem was exxon/mobil was kicked out of venuzuela ( hugo chavez)
so the oil speculators freaked as usuall and drove up the price per barrel, never mind 2/3 of our oil comes from canada :dunno:dunno:dunno

and throw in the refineries are shutting down to switch to summer blends BS again

oh and we have record surpluses of corn for feed but corn climbed again as the new drive for ethanol came on, even though we could feed all the cows and still have enough corn left over to cover north america 2" deep

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58