10 k mod

jopes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
proably seen many of these threads. I read the 10k mod on the WIKI tech articles, what the power gains you can get from using a lower vs higher ressitance resistors? I am thinking on going this way rather a tuner because, well I am cheap and need more go for towing the play toy.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
You can realize higher power gains with lower resistance on the 10K mod (essentially it would now be a 5.?K or a 3.?K) but that will be at the expense of a very rough idle and higher EGT's. I would really recommend a pyro gauge if you intend on going this route.

jopes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually have a laundry list of stuff I want to do, guages are the first install item, so untill then it is stayins stock. I was thinking on a variable switch so I can control the different resistances on the mod.

pdt1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm actually just got my adjustable mod built. I have yet to install it because I don't have my gauges installed. I hoping to finish both within the next week or so. I can adjust from 4.7K to about 23K.

jopes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pdt1081 said:
I'm actually just got my adjustable mod built. I have yet to install it because I don't have my gauges installed. I hoping to finish both within the next week or so. I can adjust from 4.7K to about 23K.

what did you use for yours? Got any pictures?

pdt1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jopes said:
what did you use for yours? Got any pictures?

No pics yet. I went to Radio Shack and purchased a package of 5 4.7K Ohm resistors (about $1), a douple pole-double throw switch (double pole isn't needed, but I might do some further "experimenting" with LEDs), a 10K potentiometer, and a "project box."

I have the double throw switch so I can have a high (power) and low setting. High setting has one of the 4.7K resistors in series with the pot. The low setting has three resistors in series with the pot. This gives the high setting a resistance of 4.7K-14.7K while the low setting has 14.1K-24.1K.

I wired all of this up in the project box to make it look nice and neat. I plan on using velcro or something similar to attach it to the dash.

Radio Shack didn't have a 20K pot that I wanted, so I went with the double throw switch. If I had a 20K pot, I would have just put one 4.7K resistor in series with it along with a single throw switch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14