10k mod

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
As mentioned in the link, 10k mod (15k, clamping, etc) tricks the PCM into boosting oil presure to the injectors by altering the ICP reading. Can increase low end power alot, but causes a lopey idle, and not as much effect at higher throttle positions. The clamping versions use the voltage drop of series diodes to give a sort of gradual kick in coming off idle.

Then theres the EOT mod, wich uses a POT or Resistor across the EOT sensor to fool the engine into thinking it's cold. This gives a longer and larger injection event with advanced timing. Also delays high throttle engagement of the TCC on automatics. An extreme EOT setting easily shaved 3 seconds off my 0-60 times in an otherwise mostly stock truck. Pretty nasty lope and fuel knock at idle with that much EOT trickery.

Both mods are dirt cheap, for us rednecks on a budget. Playing with combinations of the 2 could give you a pretty fast truck, for just a few $$$

jopes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joat what resistor did you end up going with in the EOT sensor. and would it be the same for my 01?

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
01 needs less resistance I'm sure. Newer, 96-up OBS trucks only need a few Kohms to get the same effect my 95 gets with 40Kohms. Most of the early experimentation was done on 96-97 trucks, not sure if the 01 is the same EOT or not

I use a potentiometer in series with my EOT sensor, so it adds to the existing resistance. You could try a 10k POT in series and see how it works on yours.

neil_04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my truck is bone stock could i safely do this mod and get exhaust and an intake, also how hard is it to perform this mod

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Neil,

I would recommend a pyrometer to monitor EGT's before doing any other mods to the truck that add fuel/HP. You are totally safe doing the exhaust and intake before a Pyro. And honestly, if you do the exhasut and intake, then the 10K and FPR shim are pretty safe mods once she's opened up to breath better. But my official recomendations are... guages first.

Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigtruk