$12,000.....

scoutman77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a local body shop doing the work. he is pretty good, i checked with some of his previous customers.

godofdew11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my family has always had an "Extra' truck, for weekend work, towing, etc. dad has a company car for during the week. i learned to drive on a 85 GMC 3500, with a cheby 350 that i helped rebuild. We got the 99 halfway through my senior year and i drove that until i bought my 97. but my sister learned to drive and drove to high school the 99, and now my brother is driving the 99, its spun out twice once with me, once with sister, dad got a new bumper out of me, and a new grill out of her. :) i can get a little car anywhere now.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you will have it back soon. I know how it is to not have your truck to drive. Glad the son is OK.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad that everybody is ok. Good to see that it is getting fixed. Don't let them get away with anything.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
(as if I was writing this down)

Noooottttteee tooooo seeeelllfff.

Dooonnn'tttt, llllleeeetttt, myyyyy 9 yeeeaaarrrr oooollllldddd ssssooonnnn,

hhhaaavvvveeee mmmyyyyy tttrrruuucccckkkk, wwwwhhhheeennnn hheeeee

ttttuuuuurrrrnnnnnssss 16!:D

Also do not let said 16 year old son hitch up the utility trailer. My OEM tailgate looks like someone took a sledge hammer to it. A replacement from the salvage yard is nearly $900. Looks like I will be using a dent puller, a grinder, and a gallon of body filler. I'll leave the paint to the professionals.

scoutman77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also do not let said 16 year old son hitch up the utility trailer. My OEM tailgate looks like someone took a sledge hammer to it. A replacement from the salvage yard is nearly $900. Looks like I will be using a dent puller, a grinder, and a gallon of body filler. I'll leave the paint to the professionals.

ha...my tailgait has a big dent in it from where i pushed back on the trailer cus i was too close... heavy trailer, won't do that again.

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How high are you guys jacking up the trailer if it hits the tailgate? I just clear the ball when unhooking, that way the hitch will only hit the bumper, or the lisence plate if you go too far.

scoutman77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How high are you guys jacking up the trailer if it hits the tailgate? I just clear the ball when unhooking, that way the hitch will only hit the bumper, or the lisence plate if you go too far.

didn't hit mine with the trailer, pushed back on the trailer with my foot, hand on the tailgait...:doh: oh yeah, i got her back!! now i have to replace the water pump (no, it wasn't part of the wreck, just going bad) Haven't had a chance to drive it much for any period of time, so the first chance i get is saturday when we take my kid to district wrestling. two hour drive from here.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14