RickGmi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1316 upated.50cnt fix

The other day started truck and it was fine, (I already had around 45 miles on it befor second startof the day ) started driving to fuel station since i was down around 1/8 tank, the truck started missing, so thought that maybe the fuel gauge was wrong and i could be maybe sucking air, well before I got to station the truck evened out, I filled fuel and found i still had 5 gallions in there so the guage was'nt wrong, before I restarted truck after fuelling i checked codes and came up with (( 1316)), I checked and it says that its the IDM code, (injector driver modual) Not sure how to tackle that one, the day before we did have a really bad rain here, so now im wondering if water could have got in to something, but would'nt that mainly dry up since i did drive it after the rain with no problems, and did'nt get the problem till next night, also the truck is back to running smooth as it should....wondering if i have a on side of the road problem sneeking up on me...

Ok went and removed valve covers...found wire harness on passenger side had came loose...reclipped and found out that the clip was naturally pushed against wirering harrness so it would'nt spring back and hold, called ford about them having a set of $10 clips to put under that harness clips and hold harness on...no luck they said they were discontinued....so i took 2 quarters from my pocket...grinded them so i just removed about enough of georges head to scalp him and slid them under the retianiers for the harness..and they held great no play and there was no were for them to go and fall out...and whan valve covers were replaced they locked in the top of the coins and the engine is running great really smooth.....look in my pic's i posted a pic of the quarters on there:thumbs

Last edited:

guzzle

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have heard that some of the 99's have UVC wiring that may be slightly mis-routed and will rub on the lifters, eventually shorting out and throwing an IDM code. Just someting to look into if it continues to give you problems.

RickGmi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im hoping not

what kinda price am i looking at if it is......think it would be possible to find a used one...?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14