14 lbs of boost at koeo position?

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
My truck reads 14 lbs of boost at the koeo position. Could this be related to a bad MAP sensor or a failing PCM? The truck runs fine but this reading seems very high and wrong for the koeo position. Any ideas? :dunno Could it be related to me having my PCM reflashed from NAW6 to TDE1 by my Ford stealership? :dunno

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KOEO = Key ON Engine OFF. Its a PCM test mode.

At sea level, there is something like 14.7 lbs of static air pressure. The computer needs to know outside atmospheric pressure in order to calculate for HIGH ALTITUDE running. Now I thought the BARO sensor in the PCM took care of this, but then again, maybe what your reading is the BARO and not the MAP.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
I thought you didnt have guages?

Ahh grasshopper...good point! I mentioned to you at chat the other night that the exhaust leak wasn't fixed so I brought it back to International. A mechanic scanned it and came up with 14 lbs of boost at koeo, which as F_F said is sea level barometric pressure. His scanner was set wrong and instead of showing zero boost at koeo it showed 14 lbs. I posted this also at TDS and got some great replies from Nit & Richter69. And I did some research here.

Case closed...Question answered... :sweet

Reaction score
hheynow said:
Ahh grasshopper...good point! I mentioned to you at chat the other night that the exhaust leak wasn't fixed so I brought it back to International. A mechanic scanned it and came up with 14 lbs of boost at koeo, which as F_F said is sea level barometric pressure. His scanner was set wrong and instead of showing zero boost at koeo it showed 14 lbs. I posted this also at TDS and got some great replies from Nit & Richter69. And I did some research here.

Case closed...Question answered... :sweet
:dunno

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
His scanner was set wrong and instead of showing zero boost at koeo it showed 14 lbs.

So what we had was a tech error and there is no existing problems...... Glad to hear that Richard. Now did they get your exhaust problems fixed?

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
So what we had was a tech error and there is no existing problems...... Glad to hear that Richard. Now did they get your exhaust problems fixed?

Yup, tech error
Yup, exhaust leak fixed
Yup, MAP sensor functioning correctly
Nope, no scan codes set

...but now the Ranger is my daily driver and I'll drive the PSD on the weekends.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58