16.5" Wheels. Does anyone make them? For Superduties!!

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or Does anyone know of a place that will make some? An actual Place that someone will answer the Phone. And be able to machine wheels out of Billet Aluminum. Fabricate New Wheels not off the shelf. I would like some 16.5” wheels made.

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like some 16.5” wheels made.

Be careful with these. I was talking to a guy at Goodyear when I got my tires put on a while back. He said that a guy has some 16.5 and Goodyear only made two tires in that size. He said they are really hard to find as well, not to many are made.

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mickey Thompson, Eagle Alloys, Weld, Centerline, and American Racing all have listings for 16.5's with 8 on 170mm bolt patterns. (99up superduty)

Last edited:

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
None of those companies make anything I like to look at. If they did I wouldn't be asking about having them MADE!!

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 16.5's are kinda going away. I saw some tires on ebay that are some wrangler looking goodyears, they were pretty cool just used a little. As far as wheels being made, I'm not sure if I know if anyone makes custom wheels to order.:dunno

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 16.5's are kinda going away. I saw some tires on ebay that are some wrangler looking goodyears, they were pretty cool just used a little. As far as wheels being made, I'm not sure if I know if anyone makes custom wheels to order.:dunno

I Know except for Ground Hawgs 3,640 Load Rated E. I would like to put them on Both my Superduties.

txastuff79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the major concern i have with 16.5 rims is the bead on them. if you plan on going off road, get ready for the potential and hard to avoid fact that the tire will bow off the rim/bead. had many friends it happened to, happened to me, and still here people here and there gripe about the same prob. if your going to buy tires... and possibly rims too, buy a equal size, 16, 17, 18, 20, etc.

my .02

txastuff79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh, and a lot of time, the 16.5 tires cost more. the rim might be cheaper in some cases, but the cost and benefit doesnt equal out. once again, this is only my opinion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg