16" wheels

madman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if 2002 16" super duty wheels will fit my 2006 f-350? A guy has some here locally with 315-75-16 all terrain tires at about 60% tread left for $500 just wondering if they will clear the brakes and have the correct offset. Thanks in advance, Madman

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
No, the off set was changed by Ford when they went to coil springs. I don't remember which way it went. But it won't fit. Brakes get in the way.

Dave

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
No, the off set was changed by Ford when they went to coil springs. I don't remember which way it went. But it won't fit. Brakes get in the way.

Dave

more positive...
moved the caliper & rotor deeper into the wheel

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought my 2005 F250 with 17" wheels and wondering if it's possible to put aftermarket 16" wheels on. I have access to a set of nearly brand new 305/70R16 tires for next to nothing but obviously need 16" wheels to make them work.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
Just bought my 2005 F250 with 17" wheels and wondering if it's possible to put aftermarket 16" wheels on. I have access to a set of nearly brand new 305/70R16 tires for next to nothing but obviously need 16" wheels to make them work.

I would think it depends on the wheels you get but i don't see why they wouldn't fit??

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Dave

more positive...
moved the caliper & rotor deeper into the wheel

It would seem to me that if they went to a more positive offset which puts the wheel further under the truck and the brakes deeper in the wheel, then a more negative offset would work also. The question would be whether the 16" wheel physically fitting over the brake calipers. The offset, in my thinking, wouldn't determine whether the wheel fit over the brake.

Please set me straight if I am thinking about this backward. I would really like to go down to a 16" wheel on my 05.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg