184.078 Gallons equals $655.13

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
All electric house, on an electric co-op, and last month's electric bill, including heat (yes, it does get cold in the South) was nearly $300. Now that it's warming up and I have to run the pool filter, I don't see it going down any. I know, South, no snow, pool. Poor, poor, pitiful me.:sorry

Now I have to plan a trip to New Jersey to pick up $8000 worth of van conversion parts for the wife's business. Can't even begin to figure out the fuel costs for a round trip after I go to Orlando to pick up the van.

We found a cheap E-350 extended van, and also found a person parting out her dog grooming van due to totaling out the front end. The original van we were going to buy was nearly $50 K for a four year old unit. Getting a 2004 E-350 and the parts from the wrecked van, I'll save nearly $30K. I work for good cooking and a little extra attention now and then.:D

Should be interesting, as I have to take a Sawsall to the roof to install a high top. What will REALLY be fun is crating the high top and renting a trailer to haul it back to Florida.

Man, I dread driving in New Jersey.:eek:

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
This is a print out we get each day from the fuel card company we use.

Hey Bama what kind of mpg you getting with that big old Caterpillar? We have been running 3.2-3.4 with the 500 Cats and 3.6-3.8 with the 565 Cummins but that is running North and heavy. You get over 4 don't you?

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
well crumm yer just gonna have to keep yer coat on in the shop and that will save you 180 a month :roflmao

You know I dropped the temp in the shop 10 degrees this winter but it only seemed to save me less than 50 gallons. Not sure chattering teeth are worth the $180.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Hey Bama what kind of mpg you getting with that big old Caterpillar? We have been running 3.2-3.4 with the 500 Cats and 3.6-3.8 with the 565 Cummins but that is running North and heavy. You get over 4 don't you?

My driver told me he has calculated it to just over 5 mpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14