19.5" Conversion - Who to use?

Sawboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody. I am tossing around the idea of putting a 4.5" Donahoe lift on my truck.

If I do this, I want to convert over to 19.5's to fill the wells and still be able to tow my car and trailer. The 19.5's fit the bill in both regards.

Now the big question. I only know of The Dually Stop who is a sponsor, and of Rickson who is an advertiser. Anyone done this conversion or know someone who has and can help me out. The 19.5's run anywhere from 4k to 7k depending on what I get, so I want to get this right if I do it. I want quality, not discounted price. Too much riding on it (pun intended)

If you prefer to PM for privacy sake because of poor experience that's fine by me.

Thanks, Bob

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man i WISH i had that kinda money...4k for tires and wheels...and what
can you expect to get outta the tires...100k ? ive got 57k on my
OE tires and although theyre getting marginal (in my opinion) its hard
to justify the expense of a set of ricksons.

i wouldnt even begin to THINK about using adapters...

Sawboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man i WISH i had that kinda money...QUOTE]

I don't yet. Gotta do some saving, some wheeling and dealing and most of all some :hail to the wife......

Just trying to get a heads up on some info and real world experience. Also, I am not doing it to justify mileage. Any queality set of truck tires will get ya 60k if you don't "king kong" em. Like I said, I am looking to fill the wheel well if i do the lift kit and still be able to tow my car.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Sawboy,

Give David or Steph a call over at the Dually Stop, I have known them personally for MANY years and he will allways make everything right for you ;)

F350R

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a set of American Force rims with Hancook DH01 245x70Rx19.5 tires. I have roughly 7K on the tires I run 65Lb in the rear and 70 in the fronts. There is no chance that they will rub there is probably about two inches or more between them. They ride like a stock tire unless you feel that you have to air them way up then they ride like a rock. Use Dyna Beads to balance them with you won't be sorry for doing that, I have 10oz in each tire it works great. A guy I work with went with the same wheels but put 8Rx19.5 on his I am not sure if I like them or not, they are really skinny but do look nice overall. The 8R is slightly taller if your looking for a little better mileage, maybe I should have went with an 8R I have the 4.10 gears and would rather have the mileage as I have plenty of pulling power. Rickson is a nice place to shop but they are certainly proud of their prices. I got my rims last winter when they were on sale, the tires came from a wholesaler in Denver (pickup only) I have roughly $3K invested in my setup and expect to get well over 100K out of them.

There is a place in Nebraska that has some excellent deals on the tires, that's where the other guy got his, I can find out where if anyone is interested.

Sawboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
F350R, I am definitely interested. Also, 3 emails have now gone unanswered to Rickson. They have just lost a customer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14