1986 F250 WITH A 302/EFI GOT A PROBLEM

lifted_up

TractorMan
Reaction score
:confused: I just received thsi truck as a partial payment for a job. Both fuel tanks needed to be dropped and all the pumps replaced. I had to run a jumper wire to power up the tank pumps as there was no power to them. i see that there is an inertia switch to shut down the p[umps in case of an accident but I don't know where to look for it and I think this is where my problem may lie. Anyone know where it is or anything else I can check? Are the pumps wired to the key/switch? I'd appreciate any help.:thanks

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or under the dash on the pasenger side behind the glove box. That is where it was on both my 85 and 90 broncos. Little black box with a red button if I remember corectly

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a simalar problem with my 89 F150 and it turned out to be the fuel pump relay which on mine was located under the hood on the drivers side inner fender close to the firewall.

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
I had a 87 f-150 that had a intermitant fuel problem that I cured by pulling the shutoff up then resetting it. It was under the dash by the e-brake. Sure would be nice if Ford could put it in the same spot for more than a year.

lifted_up

TractorMan
Reaction score
Thanks to those who replied. I haven't looked at this thread since I wrote it. I'll be going out to look later. My dog just brought a fawn home in his mouth and it is alright, so I need to try to find a good safe place for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14