1990 f250 diesel emergency!!!

mountainford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I use this truck for work!! It just will start and after three to five seconds it just falls on it's face and dies. I have tried changing the fuel filters and glow plugs. Does anyone have any idea's? Might it be the fuel pump or glow plug relay? Also after cranking it over multiple times and it starting and dieing I have also tried pushing the shrader valve on the piece the water seperator fuel filter screws on to and there isn't much presure at all? Is that anything?

DR.Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
take the hose off the fuel pump that supplies fuel to the pump and use 125 psi of shop air with a blow gun and apply the air to the line.there is a screen in the tank that gets stopped up,after you blow it off it will take some time to get the system primed but it should fix it.dont forget to take the fill cap off.

DR.Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it should.regulat it down to 125-150 psi.also check and make sure that you dont have any fuel leaks in the fuel return system.they are the rubber hoses that t off of the top of the fuel injectors.any kind of fuel leak will cause this engine to be dificult to start

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
take the hose off the fuel pump that supplies fuel to the pump and use 125 psi of shop air with a blow gun and apply the air to the line.there is a screen in the tank that gets stopped up,after you blow it off it will take some time to get the system primed but it should fix it.dont forget to take the fill cap off.

or you'll be finding all kinds of leaks in the tank to make your afternoon.. :eek:

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
sounds like a big air leak. Leaky return lines will do that. As for fuel pressure it's only around 7psi for the IDI.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58