Help Needed 1995 7.3 PS with low power when cold and slow acceleration

repomanatlanta

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My 97 7.3 rollback at 188k has problem, left side not firing

The other day, I filled up $50 bucks then 10 miles later all was not good. The engine acted like it ran out of fuel, check engine light. Pulled off road, turned truck off looked oil ok, start truck was very rough to start. Then, was only able to go very slow back home, wouldnt over over 30 mph. Changed the fuel filter, changed the oil, took to ford they said it was possible injector, they said the left side is not firing per computer. How do I pull the injector and what do I do after, and how can I tell if one is bad?

Does anyone have injectors for our 7.3 are reasonable $$. 843-324-5157
Thought well the value cover is off change out the harness, injectors and glow plugs on the left side the 2, 4, 6, 8 side. Now, my truck running only gets like 8 mpg, very bad wish I could get 20 mpg :hail:hail

arrowstrap

BioMechanic
Reaction score
did you check your wiring harness? same thing happened to my truck. had to floor it maxing out at 30mph on the freeway. the wires in the valve gasket shorted internally.

repomanatlanta

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Truck idling like normal, but when giving padel it

It will not go past the middle of 2 & 3, shifts ok in 1st I can go 10mph, in 2 shifts ok can go 20 mph, then 3rd shifts of can get 25 mph, when go to 4th it will not get past 30 mph.

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
Either bad wiring harness under valve cover or IDM went into fail safe which may have been caused by a bad wiring harness. Since you had it diagnosed and know which side it is, thats the under valve cover harness to check. Look at the connector that goes through the valve cover, examine the pins real close.
Rick H...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58