1995 f350 rear door lock actuators

missingsc331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello all,
One of my friends purchased a 1995 f350 cc lb yesterday and the only problem it seems to have is the rear passanger side door does not respond to lock/unlock commands. the actuator seems to be rivoted to the to the door. please help. thanks

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can drill the rivet out for the actuator and get it out. You can use a screw with nut on reinstallation (I did this). However, before you do it, take a look at the actuator rod that runs across the inner door sheetmetal to the lock pull. It is sometimes tie-wrapped to the door sheetmetal and binds. Also make sure that there is power going to the actuator when "switched". Back to the actuator ... I purchased a factory Ford unit off ebay for $10. The rod coming out of the actuator was different, but the motor was the same. Switched in the rod from my old unit and good to go. Cheers!

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
open the front door and cut the wire harness for the rear door open and look for broken wires.mine had one on the same door and its got 2 more broken wires now(just checked cuz you reminded me that my door lock isnt workin on that door again
).it is a very common problem with any vehicle with power locks and windows

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg