1997 ford f250 vs 02 chevy silverado

1ofakindgt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
my truck is completly stock with a bully dog 3in down pipe and striaght piped exhaust. It is 2wd with the 7.3 diesel. My friend with a 02 silverado wont stop talk **** saying he would smoke me. Hes got 10in lift with 36in tires and the small v8 i think 5.3 and a cold air intake. Im assuming I would beat him pretty bad but we got $100 bucks on it so what do you guys think.

JRJ04

Reaction score
all you have is a straight pipe exhaust and 3 inch dp? I dont think you would beat him. You need a tuner and air intake to spool your turbo quicker. Even though he has heavier tires, he'll still probably get it rolling quicker than you.

Just my 2 cents.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
quick call bill at powerhungry and have him send you on of his highest hp settings for the OBS 7.3L.. then you'll be fine.. it'll be close without it i would think

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But chances are the other guy did not regear after the tire upgrade....So you could get a few truck ahead of him..

MikePC

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Intake

You will need some intake mods to let that straight pipe breathe and spool up the turbo quicker. His lift and tires will lend to you.

Good luck

wpfd571

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It may be a close one if he didnt regear his truck, stock 7.3's are a little bit slow. I personally wouldnt waste my fuel let him run his mouth, just tell him real men dont wear bowties

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you do a boosted start and keep traction then I think you might have a chance. (essentially power brake the truck before you go)

Word of caution: boosted launches are hard on everything in the drivetrain especially the transmission.

1ofakindgt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
normally i wouldnt waste my fuel but you know gm owners cant keep their dang mouths closed gets old real quick.

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell him to man up and hook up nice heavy trailers to both trucks. Then see what happens! Even better if you can find a nice grade in the heat of summer (oh yeah, you have to leave the AC running too!). Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14