Question 1998 E350 Won't Start

gloworm58

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 1998 Ford E350 PowerStroke I was changing the oil didn't have enough oil in the truck started the truck oil lite came on truck stopped won't start need to reset something to get started. If any body can help my truck is in the middle of the street need help asap.

dachshund

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
How much oil did you put in? Did you ad oil after it quit and is it now full? If it is now full, you will need to crank the engine over for quite awhile. Crank it for 20 or 30 seconds at a time and give it a couple of minutes between cranks to let the starter cool down.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Sounds like you ran the HPOP reservoir out of oil. Fill the crankcase up to the full mark on the dipstick and top the HPOP reservoir off and you will be good to go. The PSD will not run without oil. Takes oil to operate the injectors.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you ran the HPOP reservoir out of oil. Fill the crankcase up to the full mark on the dipstick and top the HPOP reservoir off and you will be good to go. The PSD will not run without oil. Takes oil to operate the injectors.

What Crumm sez !

If yer the guy that called last night ? I mentioned that(bad phone connection). Did you get it started ??????

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58