1999 F350 4WD FRT SUSPENSION ISSUES

Crazy Cowboy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had similar issues with mine too. I replaced all the tie-rod ends and drag link which made a huge improvement..... another thing that you MUST check is your leaf spring bushings! I had none left on the rear eyelet of the front springs. That made the truck a living nightmare to drive on 46" tires. Never went straight, clunked often when coming into hard turns, etc... those made the truck go straight and not wander anymore. The steering components tightened everything up so when the truck did veer or pull on uneven surfaces I could correct it without all the slop. A half second of slop when your truck's moving into oncoming traffic is enough to skidmark my drawers! (and that poor guy 4 feet below me :D )

Jer's 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how would one check the leaf bushings? I've been telling people that it seems that the clunking sound is a really loose bolt or something on the driver's side "as if" the bolt connecting the leafs to the body was way to small and gave it room to rattle. So, as dumb as it sounds, that may be the only thing that is completely wrong and rattling at this point and I don't even know it.

- Thanks man, any direction would totally help here.

Jer

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
If you're ball joints were trash, be glad you put them in.

As far as the spring bushings go, just look at them where they attach to the shackles and frame. If they look beat, they are. If they look fine, they are.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14