Help Needed 1st post and request for help... No start

SD70M

SuperDuty
Reaction score
Hello and thanks for having me here...

My truck is a 94 F350 CC LB with the 7.3PSD..

I just picked it up on Sunday and drove it 185 miles home. The PO knew nothing about the diesels and how important the battery connections are. I had to jump start the thing, to get it home. It cranked slow, but started easily.

I got it home and let it sit all day Monday. I replaced the wiper motor and fixed the battery connections. Tried starting it Monday night, but got nothing more than a few cylinders firing and no start. I put a battery charger on it and decided to try it, after work yesterday.

When I tried it yesterday, it tried to fire once and smoked very little. After that, there was nothing from the exhaust pipe. I plugged the block heater in last evening and put the battery charger back on it.

When I got home from work today, the motor was nice and warm to the touch. With the batteries fully charged, I tried starting it.. More of the cranking, but no cylinders firing. Just in case, I replaced the cam sensor. Still no fire.

I need to use this truck for work and need to get it running asap!

As best as I can tell, the injectors aren't getting any fuel. There's plenty of fuel in the filter assembly and no water.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
When you 1st turn the key on, do the wait to start and check engine light come on at all? Even if they come on and then go out?

SD70M

SuperDuty
Reaction score
When you 1st turn the key on, do the wait to start and check engine light come on at all? Even if they come on and then go out?

WTS light works great...

I did find out what the problem was... The HPOP was nearly empty.. Filled it up and she lit right off!

Thanks for the suggestion!!!!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Change your filters (all of them) and the oil. Start clean with 15W-40 or 5W-40 oil for Diesel engines with a rating of CJ-4 or better. This will help you, immensely, with your starting problems. Glad you joined up here and good luck.

Dave :)

SD70M

SuperDuty
Reaction score
Change your filters (all of them) and the oil. Start clean with 15W-40 or 5W-40 oil for Diesel engines with a rating of CJ-4 or better. This will help you, immensely, with your starting problems. Glad you joined up here and good luck.

Dave :)

That is on the to-do list!! I even have fleet account access at the local NAPA, so I get a 60% discount on all my filter needs.. :sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14