1st time using B20

Fandini

Binford 6100 Owner
Reaction score
I'm planning on picking up some b-99 or b-100 tomorrow to mix in with with my fuel based on the lubricity test chart, will be running about 2 and1/2 percent bio to ULSD. Should I be looking to change my filters again with only 20.000 miles? And what is the EBP valve?

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The EBP should not care, mine didn't. I would carry a spare filter and wrench in case!! You should be OK, but you never know. My '04 filter got changed, but it was not necessary. It looked good.

Dave

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Exhaust Back Pressure valve. It is located on the drivers side head assembly. It monitors the exhaust back pressure and sends that information to the PCM (Process Control Module) so it van adjust the turbo vanes.

Dave

Fandini

Binford 6100 Owner
Reaction score
It looks to me that you would have less trouble with all these valves(EGR, EBP, etc.) if everything ran cleaner. It appears by the posts I have seen on the bio-diesel that the engines run cleaner, therefore less EGR valve troubles etc. Am I right to assume this?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
YES that is correct after you have used BIO for a while. It is just the frist tank or two that may cause some problems, and that is why I suggest you carry a filter and a wrench with you at all times. I do.

Dave

01platinum

Go VOLS
Reaction score
for some reason my truck seems to be down on power? no codes, starts fine,fresh oil and filters, think I'm gonna try a tank of dino fuel just to see if anything changes. let ya know ???

Moe-B

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Platinum, whatever happened? I just found the B20 near me and was thinking of trying it but not sure if I should cut it down or not. Anyone else been running B20 over an extended period of time?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58