2 new issues....

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
help!

been noticing multiple driveway oil stains (larger than the diameter of a soup can - and one large basketball sized one under where truck is parked).

looked under to see oil all over the screw plug. crawled under to check out the situation, screw was pretty tight (cranked it 1/4-1/2 more)...we shall see!

what's the deal with that? what's a guy gotta do to fix that - step up some washers?????

AND

while under i noticed clearly that on the driver side bottom closest to firewall i had missing exhaust manifold bolt (stud their - barely - the whole block is a pile of rust ) and that sook was collecting. i reached up for the top one and found nothing. got out and looked in from the wheel well and saw to the L of the back one, the stud was gone too.:eek::rant:confused::(:eek:

had to come in to eat + driveway is al wet from melting snow (so never looked over both sides..............:doh:

you know what, all of this was a result of my engine work some 40k+ miles ago...they broke stuff and never fixed it LET ALONE TOLD ME:rant anyone think i got a leg to stand on if i take it in NOW?

i will see if i can snap a few pix?!?!

Last edited:

atk

Reaction score
you talking about the drain plug? if you are, try replacing the drain plug gasket( should be like a copper washer....as for other issue, doubt they will do anything....

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could it be the Fuel pressure regulator? I think that is what I had go bad on mine. I know it was something with the fuel system. I did not have time to fix it myself, and needed my truck, so I took it in.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
no fuel issue. OIL leaking at plug

alex, we will just have to wait 10-15k to do that....i just changed about 500 miles ago:doh:

i still think i may take it in just to bee-atch....:sweet

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
i guess i could drain it and dump it back in...............

checked it today - leaking away....this sucks....

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
i guess i could drain it and dump it back in...............

checked it today - leaking away....this sucks....
When you do change it, maybe a fumoto valve? Love mine. About 5 years on the valve; no leakey/no removey & replacey!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you do change it, maybe a fumoto valve? Love mine. About 5 years on the valve; no leakey/no removey & replacey!

X2.. 9+ years on mine. No leaky, No removey & replacey.

Joe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58