2 Post Lifts

Fine69

Reaction score
So, long story short. I'm building a new 2 story 32'x48' Garage. I'd like to get a 2 post lift heavy enough to lift my truck. What do you guys know about lifts? Good brand? Where to get them?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
you can get them through NAPA, Mac Tools and Matco Tools,
also Rotary Lift and Manitowoc Lift distributors...

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
I picked up one through Greg Smith Equipment a few years ago when I built a new shop. A freind was trucking back home with a empty trailer and bought 6 hoists to peddle off when he got home to pay for his fuel. Got a good deal on freight. Mine is the tall post 9000lb hoist that just clears a 12ft ceiling. Thats something you have to watch for is that you have enough clearance for whatever hoist you choose. Northern tool has hoists too. I think most hoists for the hobby type mechanics are very close to the same when you look at specs and price. If I were to do it again I would go for the 10000lb hoist and add 8ft to my shop so it would be 32x48 like your doing.

atk

Reaction score
Rotary lift has a 10000 and 12000lb 2 post hoist`s(more then enough to lift a 8000 lb truck)....from all the different hoist i have used, i find Rotary to be the best....JMO....personally, i would go with a 12000lb....JMO

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I would never trust MY life to anything Northern sells. Especially a lift with my truck on it.

Dave :(

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Challenger lifts are the best lifts money can buy - We have 2

Fine69

Reaction score
I picked up one through Greg Smith Equipment a few years ago when I built a new shop. A freind was trucking back home with a empty trailer and bought 6 hoists to peddle off when he got home to pay for his fuel. Got a good deal on freight. Mine is the tall post 9000lb hoist that just clears a 12ft ceiling. Thats something you have to watch for is that you have enough clearance for whatever hoist you choose. Northern tool has hoists too. I think most hoists for the hobby type mechanics are very close to the same when you look at specs and price. If I were to do it again I would go for the 10000lb hoist and add 8ft to my shop so it would be 32x48 like your doing.

My shop has 12' walls and the ceiling over the area where the hoist will be is a Cathedral ceiling up into the attic,so I should have plenty of room.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58