2 stroke fuel additive question???

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine on another forum posted this up:

First Time w/2stroke Oil - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

Using 2 stroke oils as a fuel additive in pre 2007 diesels (I think). :dunno

Im wondering if anyone on here has heard of this/done this because a lot of the cummins guys do it. they say they add about 1 quart per full tank of fuel. since 2 stroke oil is meant to burn and lubricate they say it lubricates, burns and helps add compression. From what ive read it helps with smoother performance. I did a search in the search bar but didnt see anything right off the bat.

Im not about to run out and buy some and fill up my tank ha ha. Im more curious about this and want to see what the guys with far more knowledge that I have think.

dboyw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is an older thread, but should hold all the answers.

I use to run the Tech Outboard stuff, but BioDiesel by itself is better.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Diesel fuel is mixed with something like 2% Bio Diesel. This will take away the necessity to mix two stroke oil with diesel. You can add two stroke if you feel you need it.

Dave :)

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I have been reading It helps the idle run smoother and in my mind a little extra lubrication couldn't hurt. I'm just hesitant to put something in my fuel tank ive never heard of. I mean I've heard of 2 cycle oil ha ha but not as a diesel additive.

Please excuse my constant questioning ha ha, but is the 2% bio diesel all over the country? Because I've only seen a few fuel stations with bio diesel added. Maybe I'm just not looking, or some of them just don't list it. This is great knowledge id love to be keen on ha ha. I can always search it when I get back to my laptop. I know on another forum I'm on the search bar is the preferred method, the regulars get tired o the repetitive questions ha ha.

Sent from your Mom's house using Tapatalk

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I am not 100% sure that the bio is all over the country at this time. My information is from another forum (Heavy trucks). You can safely add 2 stroke oil to your diesel. I have done it in the past. I like Power Service in the White Bottle for my diesel supplement. Wal Mart carries this.

Dave :)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if they put it in for every fill up, or just every so often?

FWIW ?

I've used the Wal-Mart Super-Tech 2 cycle oil (w/TCW3), in my 2K, 7.3 for 100+K miles. To keep it simple.. I religiously fill-up at 1/2 tank.. dump in 1 16oz jug.

Now'n then I top off without the oil.. just to keep from getting an over-rich mixture.

I'm a believer in the 2 cycle oil.. (for the older engines). My truck runs better with it. Not Whiz-Bang.. just better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58