2 stroke fuel additive question???

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, maybe I'll do this. I haven't driven my truck a lot in the past few weeks since I got a jetta to drive for some better fuel economy (plus its fast and fun Ba ha). But with diesel now cheaper than gas over here I'll probably head to wal mart and see what they have and maybe try what you do since I'm at half a tank and have been for awhile ha ha.

Thanks guys, y'all are credible so I'll trust ya.

Sent from your Mom's house using Tapatalk

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
the biggest thing with the 2-stoke oil, is that it restores lost lubricity from the removal of sulfur compounds required by the Feds..

7.3's were designed to run on 1500 ppm sulfur, 6.0's on 500 ppm, 6.4 and 6.7's on 50 ppm.. so the current fuel blend has basically no sulfur compared to fuel of 15 years ago, hence the need to run the chainsaw oil if you desire.

After using it myself for over three years, the only thing it's REALLY done for me is quiet the injectors down.

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.. It's good to get a lot of different insights on it. Guess all I can do is try it ha ha.

dpantazis

Reaction score
search the forum here. lots of discussion.

first you have to ask yourself is WHAT are you trying to do and WHY?

ashless 2 stroke oil restores lubricity. diesel clean and similar are solvents that seek to improve iginitability at the cost of lubricicity (and no, you can not double dose with each one, you basically neutralize one with the other)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the biggest thing with the 2-stoke oil, is that it restores lost lubricity from the removal of sulfur compounds required by the Feds..

7.3's were designed to run on 1500 ppm sulfur, 6.0's on 500 ppm, 6.4 and 6.7's on 50 ppm.. so the current fuel blend has basically no sulfur compared to fuel of 15 years ago, hence the need to run the chainsaw oil if you desire.

After using it myself for over three years, the only thing it's REALLY done for me is quiet the injectors down.

ashless 2 stroke oil restores lubricity. diesel clean and similar are solvents that seek to improve iginitability at the cost of lubricicity (and no, you can not double dose with each one, you basically neutralize one with the other)

;tu

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I guess from what I'm reading I like the idea of benefiting from the extra lubricity and quieting the injectors. In my head the idea of adding extra lubrication to moving parts makes sense to me. Especially with the low sulfur diesel being introduced to a truck that was designed with a higher count in mind. I'll do a more extended search than i did before when I get to my laptop.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
My 99 sure ran quieter using the stuff........

Tbar

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mow the yard while you're over there... :coffee

Ba ha! I had that sig set up on another forum, I didn't know it carried over since I didnt change it on my tapatalk preferences.

Good one! :jester:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58