Question 2 stroke oil in 2007 6.0 Powerstroke safe?

gabalong

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am interested in adding a diesel additive lubricant in hopes of prolonging engine life. Have read many posts on this site and reviewed the detailed testing report on various additives.

I have seen a few comments that 2 stroke oil may harm the 2007 or newer engines. Possibly the exhaust or polution controls ( do they have a particulate filter or catalytic converter)

I like the idea of using 2 stroke oil because it is cheap and readily available. I have even tried it in a lower ratio of 12 oz per tank with no problem( not the 1 oz per gallon that many recommend)

Does anyone use this regularly in the 2007 or newer powerstokes, or would appreciate if anyone can shed any light on this topic. Do not want to be doing more harm than good.

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
07 engine isnt much different then an 05 06, im pretty sure, i know 08 was change year for the emisions crap.

Jetpilot1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 stroke oil

I don't think you'll find any professional techs recommending using 2 stroke oil. None of the injector rebuild shops recommed it either (that I know of), and they are the ones that know best.
If you keep up with clean oil and fuel, with regular filter changes, I'll bet you get great reliability and long life from your 6.0. IMO the 2 stroke additive to make up for "dry" ULSD is a myth, your injectors will last longest if kept clean with clean oil and fuel.

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
I have been using it as a conditioner for the past 20 Years, first in my gas Trucks and Cars and lately in my 6.0L diesel. My Last 98 GM had 160K on it with no injector Issues. But without the programer I use to gain 2MPG towing my 5th Wheel. But with the programer I get the same mileage with or without the 2Cycle oil. I just feel safer to add it in my tank once in a while. I never used any other conditioner in all my diesels since 93. I have driven VW Diesels for over 50K per year. I use it in my 3 collector cars.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58