Question 2 stroke oil in diesel fuel?

skertin3rd

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am hearing you can use 2 stroke oil in diesel fuel to get better lubrication? Does anyone know the mix ratio to a full tank, and which or does it matter what brand is better? Thank you

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
brand is of no consequence, but you do need to use the ashless TC-W3
one quart to a full tank is the accepted ratio

toobsluver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Theres a good thread on here somewhere regarding 2 stoke oil in diesel fuel... I'll see if I can find it. It was a good read, went over ratios, types, results, and a few links to a few sites.

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:dunno If anyone decides to use it/try it ? For ease of purchase (?), Wal-Mart sells a 2 cycle oil under their "Super Tech" brand name (dark blue jugs). Only thing is though.. be sure and get the jugs that say: TCW-3, on the label.. it's ashless..NOT the [General Purpose], 2cycle oil.

Like TG sez.. 1 quart to a tank full, is acceptable (1oz per gallon of diesel). I fill up @ a halfa tank.. so I buy the 16 oz jugs.. cuz they're easier to store, in my bed box. Smaller'n easier to dump in too.

I've been using it for 'bout 75K now.. Won't & Don't.. run my 7.3 without it.

Joe

Last edited:

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
I've been using it for about 4 or more years now at an oz per gal ratio. Not sure how much it helps but from everything that has been said, it is a necessity with the new low sulfur fuel. For what the parts cost that the oil lubricates, it is a good investment.
Jim

Badassfx4

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Is this just limited to the 7.3 or should I be doing this with my 6.4. I am running power services diesel kleen with every fill up.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been using it for about 4 or more years now at an oz per gal ratio. Not sure how much it helps but from everything that has been said, it is a necessity with the new low sulfur fuel. For what the parts cost that the oil lubricates, it is a good investment.
Jim

Sez it all, right there i think.

Is this just limited to the 7.3 or should I be doing this with my 6.4. I am running power services diesel kleen with every fill up.

Just an .02 ? The 7.3 (older engine) fuel systems were R&D'd to run on strait #2 diesel fuel. It had the [lubrication] qualities that all the component parts needed.. to give (injectors), a long(er) service life.

Then came LSC #2 diesel. Not so good for the 7.3.. but OK for the 6.0.

Then.. ULSC #2 diesel. Abit worse for the 7.3, OK for the 6.0... and by then, the 6.O had some re-designed.. component parts that operate well with the ULSC. The 6.4 was designed to run on ULSC.

NONE OF THIS means any...of our engines will Exsplode... if we don't use some sort of an additive. It's just that it's, "Out There".. why not use something to put a little Lube.. back in systems that were R&D'd for it. JMO.

Which one ? A Personal choice.

:dunno

Joe

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14