Help Needed 2000 Excursion

rikkip

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
when truck is started if acts like it is running out of deisel. if it stalls it cant be restarted. if it starts and you rev up it shuts down within seconds wheter you press the pedal or not. changed fuel filter and it does have fuel in the truck.can anyone please help

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having a brain fart right now. I am sure somebody will come along and help you out. I am going to keep thinking about this.

rikkip

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thats how we feel too. It started happening about 3 weeks ago but I could get it to start up until Monday. What we were doing doing was starting the truck and letting it run for about 15 minutes before we went anywhere. Well monday I did that and it died on its own and hasnt started since. It may just be a coincidence but right around the same time this started to happen the thing in my truck that tells you how many miles you have left quit working. Any chance the 2 things are related? Also so you guys know, I do have a chip installed. Plus 4 inch ehaust with a 5 in tip and K&M air filter. I also cleaned the air filter and that wasnt the problem either. Thanks alot for trying to help me.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Depending on the miles it could very well be the fuel pump but getting the fuel pressure measured will be very helpful.

Clyde99

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Pesky cam sensor failure perhaps. That is the first place I would look.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14