2000 F-350 died on me!!!

McDizzle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I was driving home last night and my truck shut down on me. I slowly coasted off the road and opened the hood and oil is everywhere!!! At first I thought it was fuel but under further investigation its oil. When I pulled over I first tried to crank it and it seemed to crank fine but wouldnt start. I got it towed home and now its raining out so im waiting till tomorrow to really look it over but I was wondering where do you guys think all this oil came from and why it quit running??? it didnt make any out of the ordinary noises or vibrations when it died, it just kinda chugged down to a hault....... any imput is appericated. Im hoping I don't have any real damage done to the engine.

Kyle

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Sounds like a HPOP line or fitting blew. No high pressure oil= no running.

McDizzle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got some time to check my truck out today, so I refilled the engine with oil and cranked it for a few and got it running and found a steady stream pouring out around the started and then under further investigation I found that the HPOP is leaking! So my next question how are is it to remove the pump and how what kinda problems am I in for....?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might not be the HPO Pump itself.. Might be an O ring fitting or seal.

Where, on the pump.. is the leak ?

McDizzle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can see it dripping from the plug below the oil lines on the drivers side, I cant tell if the back plug is leaking im gonna check it out in the morning with some day light.

McDizzle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What would be my best bet to get a repair kit and try and replace the plug or get a new pump? Also if I did go the pump route does the adrenaline pump come with the fittings installed already or do you need new ones or re use the old ones?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's ALL yer call but...

I'd wait and see just what exactly IS leaking, after you've taken got everything cleaned up, so you can get a Good Look at whats going on. :dunno.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg