2000 mile trip, truck ran great!

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
Well, i am home on vacation from Iraq and flew to see my parents up in DE for three days (14-17th)... I missed my flight by a few minutes and sat on standby at DFW for 9 hours AND they lost my luggage, i just picked my luggage up an hour ago. :dunno

As soon as I got back from my trip from DE, I drove down to Fort Walton Beach, FL the next day. Spent a week there with an old friend back back in my military days. Then on my way back I stopped into Lafayette, LA for a few days and got back to TX on Monday.

1,997 miles total trip, and got 15.1 mpg on the highway. I installed a TransferFlow 47 gal fuel tank before i left and it too worked flawlessly! Apparently my bladder is now the weakest link, I could only go 575 miles before I HAD to stop to use the bathroom.

So now my truck has 3,200 miles :cool:

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Glad you got to come home for a bit Mike.

Glad you had a good trip to see the parental units and that the truck worked great.

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I had never been in the lower states and it was nice to see them. I was amazed at the long suspended roads over the swamp areas (Route I10) in lower Loisiana.

I think next vacation I am gonig to California to see the Redwood Forest.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike, glad you are back. How long will you get to stay this time.
Glad you enjoyed your trip to FL.
Doug

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
Well, it is taking a little longer to get back to Iraq than I thought. I was expecting to leave this week but the company sent me an email last night saying the earliest they can get me out is the 16th.

I have been home since the 7th so i am ready to go back anyway but will enjoy the extra time off. It rained pretty good yesterday so I think it would be a good weekend to go ATVing :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58