2001 Diesel 4wd. quit.

ridndirty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a common fuse or relay with the 4wd. switch and the cruise control? Last weekend I found out that I had lost 4wd. on my truck (2001 diesel crewcab) indicator lights are not working on the selector switch for 2, 4hi or 4low. On the way home I realized that I had lost cruise control as well. I have tried checking all of the common fuses I can find, under the dash and under the hood, but they all check OK. Anyone else have similar problems?

ridndirty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
4wd works again, had to replace the actuator motor on the t-case. Now I have to try to get the cruise working. What is the cruise recall for? Does it make the cruise work better, or is the cruise control quitting on some trucks?

sikodiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
[ What is the cruise recall for? Does it make the cruise work better

The recall is an inspection of the cruise control switch on the master cylinder and a fused jumper harness. If you send me the vin number i can check if you have any open recalls.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
4wd works again, had to replace the actuator motor on the t-case. Now I have to try to get the cruise working. What is the cruise recall for? Does it make the cruise work better, or is the cruise control quitting on some trucks?

lucky you..
I'm at step 40 in the troubleshooting sequence, checking plate A, B, C & D states..
I came in to eat dinner, then back out to the barn...

ridndirty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So the recall is just an update to the circuit that cancels the cruise when you apply the brakes? Seems to me we had the same recall on a '93 half ton that we had a few years ago.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
So the recall is just an update to the circuit that cancels the cruise when you apply the brakes? Seems to me we had the same recall on a '93 half ton that we had a few years ago.

nose switch in the master cylinder.. it leaks, brake fluid shorts the circuit, truck catches fire..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58