2001 f350 psd illegal lift

jwolfe321

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I bought my truck off a guy that put an "illegal" (blocks in the front) 2" lift kit on it. After driving over a year one sides ubolts have come loose in the front. It now makes a terrible noise when I drive down the road. I have tried to tighten the bolts by hand with a 3 foot breaker bar but the nuts bind as I tighten them and it feels like I am going to break the bolts in half. I have heard these bolts are torque-2-yield, might be the problem.

So to make a long story short I am returning the truck to stock height. Does anybody know of a good article to help with this? The guy at my local truckshop spoke like it was easy to separate the frame from the axle and remove the blocks, I dont know about that. Please Help, Thanks in advance.

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
Basically, you jack up the front of the truck on the FRAME, NOT the AXLE, loosen the u bolts, and slide the blocks out. I believe that's how it's done. Somebody who has done it may chime in, but I pretty sure that's how you do it. Not too complicated I believe. Welcome to SDD.com

treyloco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best thing to do is put the front of your truck up on jack stands under the frame. Then remove your tires while your axle is hanging. Next support the axle w/ a jack and loosen the u-bolts (make sure you have enough room under the axle to get and impact in), then than lower the jack slowly making sure you have the weight centered and you only have to go down far enough to get the blocks out. But you will have to get new u-bolts because the old ones will probably be to long and you will not have enough thread. Then jack the axle back up just until it touches the springs and drop your new u-bolts in place and tighten them up. You might have to disconnect your shocks and sway bar to get everything lined back up, but this sometimes does not have to be done. Also have a helping hand to help line it all back up.

jwolfe321

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I took the advice and the blocks came out rather easily. One of the blocks was broken and I figure that was making the noise, glad to get it outta there.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I took the advice and the blocks came out rather easily. One of the blocks was broken and I figure that was making the noise, glad to get it outta there.
Im guessing now that you are back to stock the noise in the front end is gone too?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58