Help Needed 2001 HPOP reservoir dry

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pardon my dumbness -- where is the low pressure oil pump located? Is it inside the block on the front? What is it's job in life?

Thanks!

dmreader

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I ended up pulling out the IPR Valve and changed the o-rings. Since then the problem has gotten better. It still starts hard after sitting for a few days, but the day-to-day start-ups are definitely better.

Thanks for all the help.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pardon my dumbness -- where is the low pressure oil pump located? Is it inside the block on the front? What is it's job in life?

Thanks!

same function as an oil pump in any gas or other diesel motor to supply lube oil to the bearings and the top end of the motor. The HPOP only supplies pressure to the injectors. The rest is just like every other motor you've ever worked on except one of the delivery points is the HPO reservoir.

Guinness

superdudiest
Reaction score
A buddy had a 97 doing similar things, 2 hpops and fpr and we finally went to change the low pressure oil pump and check the drain back valve in the front cover. Found the lpop almost fell out, all the bolts had backed out and let the pump unprime after sitting.

No one was ever in there before, he has had the truck since new.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58