2002 f250 7.3 heater not working ?

cmdepdog

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Some reson my heater is not working. I can turn it all the way to hot and all it will do is blow just a littile bit of heat you have to put your hand up to the vent to feel it whats the problem please help need to fix

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some reson my heater is not working. I can turn it all the way to hot and all it will do is blow just a littile bit of heat you have to put your hand up to the vent to feel it whats the problem please help need to fix

Sounds like a Vacuum leak.. preventing the blend doors from directing air to the heater core.

Can you move air from Vents to Floor to Defrost and so on ?? Fan speeds working.

4X4 ?

cmdepdog

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yes

I can change from feet to head to defrost all are working and the speed is working but its not a 4x4

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can change from feet to head to defrost all are working and the speed is working but its not a 4x4

I'd still suspect a Vac leak... Or, the Heater Core is plugged. If you take the Glove box out.. you can purdy much see all the controls that operate the HVAC systems.. yul just have to troubleshoot.. for kinks & leaks ?

Anyone else on SDD got any Ideas :dunno

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I think First Ford has it right, more coolant. You can't get heat if you don't have something to carry it to the heater.

Dave

bigb56

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Stuck open t-stat??

My stat was stuck open on my old 6.9, could not get heat either. Had to put cardboard in front of the radiator till I got home from the mountains and changed it.

So check for coolant level, and check that engine is heating up

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg