2002 Horn Relay Location?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
As the title says where is this relay located on the 2002 Excursions? I looked thru the owners manual and came up dry,anyone know where the bugger is located as I need to tap it due to I'm adding an air horn to the truck today :sweet

Thanks! :thanks

Bill

Max Power

Reaction score
What side do you need to tap into the + side or the - side? I would assume the horn relay is under the hood in the fuse block. You could unplug the horns and honk the horn and you should be able to hear it click. There should also be a legend on the lid telling which relay is which.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Max Power said:
What side do you need to tap into the + side or the - side? I would assume the horn relay is under the hood in the fuse block. You could unplug the horns and honk the horn and you should be able to hear it click. There should also be a legend on the lid telling which relay is which.
I'm going to tap into the signal from the horn ring and cut the lead from the relay to the horn and run the horn circuit to my controller.

I'll have to find the horn's location and pop the plug off it to trace the relay by the clicking,I was hoping the relay was on the fuse panel cluster with the rest of the relays :cowboy:

Bill

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats where mine is!! Its a small relay box inside my fuse panel under the dash. The top one I think.

Im gonna bridge my airhorns off my electric OEM horns, and I have a cutout switch on the dash so I ALWAYS have my OEM horns, but I can ADD the airhorns to the circuit.

This way I can use my steeringwheel horn button with OR without airhorns.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Ford_Forgotton said:
Thats where mine is!! Its a small relay box inside my fuse panel under the dash. The top one I think.

Im gonna bridge my airhorns off my electric OEM horns, and I have a cutout switch on the dash so I ALWAYS have my OEM horns, but I can ADD the airhorns to the circuit.

This way I can use my steeringwheel horn button with OR without airhorns.
Same way I want our's setup also :cowboy:

I'm heading out to find that relay now.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Daryl/Max would ya'll know the location of the stock horn/s mounted location as I can't find em' :dunno

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they are BETWEEN the A/C condensor and the Intercooler. You can see them by pulling that rubber flap that covers the gap between the two on the top of the grille area.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Ford_Forgotton said:
I think they are BETWEEN the A/C condensor and the Intercooler. You can see them by pulling that rubber flap that covers the gap between the two on the top of the grille area.
heading back to check,Bog Joe also mentioned to check under the washer resevoir tank,so i'll be back :)

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Found it,the horn is mounted in the front right fender and have to partially drop the wheel liner to access the harness plug :sweet

I'll get photos also :cowboy:

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
huh. you know, the more I think about it, the more I think it was my tranny cooler that was mounted between the AC condensor and intercooler. I know there is SOMETHING in there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg